Sunday 18 February 2007

Back Pain and the Brain

Chronic back pain seems to be a common ailment. About eighty percent of the population suffer from back pain at some point in their lives, according to Dr Alison McGregor, a back pain expert from Imperial College London.

A recent article reported that researchers in Germany have found that back pain is linked to physical changes in the brain. More research is needed to determine whether the changes are a cause or result of the pain. The researchers said their work provided evidence that back pain is a real condition, and not just a subjective experience.

Of course, back pain is a real condition. I know this from personal experience. I used to suffer from lower back pain and because I didn't want to take drugs in the long term, I tried using some naturally derived products that I market. The result? I got rid of my back pain. You can read my story here.

No comments: